Seanachai Quote

"Do you really think there are no larger answers to the small ones we can supply? Miguel, we know there are answers for everything. Unfortunately, we know very few of them." (Alexis Paninian to Mitchell Campion following a 4 minute teleportation from Paxton, Ohio to 3XNorth, 3YEast and 150Z off the Coast of Spain, circa 5/28 & 3 weeks, OSB airdate 4/7/1959).



Thursday, July 22, 2010

FLIGHT LOG 3

Inside Scout After Wallpaper Change
I broke down and bought the Scout.  I looked at it for a week.  My neighbor Simply Iwish designed and sells the airships.  It is a bit less fancy than some of my other airships, but it is artsy and I like the views.  It puts me right into the drivers seat and I watch the wheel go right to left and back.  The Scout steers well.  My other ships are more difficult to turn. 

Baroness D'Landria House at Midnight
After flying through Caledon toward the old house that Dolly mentioned in her letter to Ghaelen, the same house that got much some much needed repair, I ventured over to the new airport.  Before I talk much about what I found there, I need to mention what I found in Zeppelienheim.  I expected the house to look lived in.  The other day I noticed a light turn on in the upstairs apartment.  Tonight no light flickered, but I am almost sure someone is squatting there. I might have flew in closer, if not for the appointment I needed to keep at the airport.

Attepting to Land on Fixed Wing Runway
When I got to the airport I tried to land the Scout down on the strip.  Immediately Mr. Gaffer arrived to direct me to the landing point.  He was not happy that I chose to land the airship on what he called a fixed wing runway.  Embarassed by own inexperience about flying, I quickly apologized.  He then told me that I could land my craft in the upper deck area, a place built expressly for the larger ships, air balloons and whatnot.  I pulled the Scout back, up and took her to an altitiude of 238ZM and into stall 3.  I then dropped down to the deck and looked around.  The air base is huge. I walked around for several minutes.  I found an elevator and took it down to the same airstrip I tried to land on earlier.  Mr. Gaffer was happy to see that I found a good place to park - not on the fixed wing airstrip. He also let me know how to get back up to the third tier of stalls.  Taking off from the tier was less confusing.  I found my sight direction and headed for the house.  Mileage was not the objective for this trip.  Seeing the spooky Baroness house on the cliff and finding the airport was enough rigor for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment