Seanachai Quote

"Do you really think there are no larger answers to the small ones we can supply? Miguel, we know there are answers for everything. Unfortunately, we know very few of them." (Alexis Paninian to Mitchell Campion following a 4 minute teleportation from Paxton, Ohio to 3XNorth, 3YEast and 150Z off the Coast of Spain, circa 5/28 & 3 weeks, OSB airdate 4/7/1959).



Saturday, July 17, 2010

FLIGHT LOG 1

Ishmael @ Austral Home Dock
Flight Log:  July 16, 2010
Ishmael (Midnight, 72 Minutes, alt. 800m over Austral, Caledon and Winterfell)
The Pearl (Zaitsev Launch, 53 Minutes, alt. 150m - 960m over open seas,  crashed w/o warning @ Roman Empre).
Today I took two flights without Madge.  Because Ktahdn, a renowned radio personality, and I crashed the other day while touring wth the ferry and the lillith, I figured it best to map out some trails.  It is wierd, but there no virtual world columns or blogs available to read.  I am not sure why.  I did take out a subscription to the Steampunk Tribune.  The Tribune's headline article talked about the history of virtual airships, but I could not fnd an article on how to fly?  I suppose, after logging in enough hours, I will venture into writing a help guide of my own.

I took off in the Ishmael first.  I wanted to check out some parcels in an area north of Caledon.  If  I were not on such a tight budget, I would definitely lease a parcel of land there.  It is beautiful and dark in Winterfell Ebonshire.  I expect it would be a great place to build a shanty at sea level, while maintaining an airstrip high above (apx. 800m).  Then I could fly reconnaissance missions to and fro.  According to my neighbor, there is something fishy going on in Austral.  He owns a large shipyard.  Cargo ships carrying who knows what are constantly moving about.  The clatter they make behind my dock is almot deafening at times.  Thank goodness the sound of the sea and the gulls keep me focused.

Finally, I am negotiating for my parcel in Zaitsev. 

It is very expensive. I will need to purchase through a lease to buy program. Per the real estate agent, my deal is made. Now I can finish the Jacopo Belbo Airstrip. I am excited, because I will have a place to work on the ships far away from my home where I write my seanachai tales, or my work at th Edummersive Worlds Productions studios in Otaki. The latter job is very interesting, but requires me to be on time, stick to a schedule and peform for others. I hope my benefactor appreciates the sacrifices I make for her.

Madge is due a flight. Maybe tonight I will take her out for another midnight run.

No comments:

Post a Comment