Seanachai Quote

"Do you really think there are no larger answers to the small ones we can supply? Miguel, we know there are answers for everything. Unfortunately, we know very few of them." (Alexis Paninian to Mitchell Campion following a 4 minute teleportation from Paxton, Ohio to 3XNorth, 3YEast and 150Z off the Coast of Spain, circa 5/28 & 3 weeks, OSB airdate 4/7/1959).



Tuesday, July 20, 2010

WATER LOG 1


Water Log  ~ July 19, 2010 (The Queen Flo @ midnight)
Very late last night I finished working on The Queen Flo, named for my 4th grade school teacher.  SimplyAmy Iwish happened by in the nicktime to keep me from exploding, when my entire ferry fell apart, because I inadverently unscrewed every bolt in a fell swoop.  Her impromptu hot air balloon exposition saved my otherwise frustrating evening; particularly the part when my benefactor decided to watch the smutty and completely without merit Bachelorette program.  I lost several hours of repair time.

When she finally returned to her transportation control booth I took The Queen Flo out. While I did not make it to my destination in Winterfell, I did make it further than I had in the past.  The Queen Flo travels about 8 kph at full throttle.  Speeds any higher cause problems for me personally (seasickness), and for my technical equipment.  The views don't load in enough time, and the trip is choppy.  5kph to 8 kph is a perfect ride; albeit slow.  It too nearly 30 minutes to run the route, including handling a mishap.

Along the early part of the route I can see train track tunnels scattered throughout the southeast waters.  I stopped to take a looksee.  As yet I've never seen the steam operated train.  The steampunk tunnels are beautiful, and I am curious about what it must be like to ride through them.  After swimming about the sea floor I surfaced.  Because I did not take my diving equipment, I surfaced a number of times.  Each time I came up and looked around, but I forgot about The Queen Flo.  Where was she? 

After fumbling around looking for her topside, I decided to retrace my steps.  Of course, I decided this only after wasting several minutes of valuable time.  Once I dived, walked the distance and surfaced, I found her right where I left her. Then we proceeded to Caledon Downs.  It was a convoluted route.  I saw many wonderful inventions, and I back tracked out of a few dead ends.  By midnight I knew my time was up.  I was too tired to continue and I found the most direct open water I could find to my Oak and Sterling home. 

Tomorrow I will definitely make a similar trip, but I will take Lillith or Ishmael.  My tour company plans will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment