Seanachai Quote

"Do you really think there are no larger answers to the small ones we can supply? Miguel, we know there are answers for everything. Unfortunately, we know very few of them." (Alexis Paninian to Mitchell Campion following a 4 minute teleportation from Paxton, Ohio to 3XNorth, 3YEast and 150Z off the Coast of Spain, circa 5/28 & 3 weeks, OSB airdate 4/7/1959).



Saturday, March 26, 2011

Another Look at Gatekeeper's Map



Telescope Long Range View of Gatekeeper's Hut

Close up Telescope View - Gatekeeper's Hut
Telescope View Looking Into Hut
I've been so busy all week corresponding with my students about their Midtown Museum Correspondence School essays (Issues that Confront Spelunkers in an Ever Shifting and Expanding Universe), I  did not have time to get back to the "farm" until this morning.  All week I kept thinking that going back to the beginning could help me to make sense of what dangers await me.  While drinking two cups of coffee, I wrote little, and I snapped this photos that proves, it is best to first look at a map, before asking strangers for the directions. One can then determine what is true from what is thoroughly and intentionally misleading.

Note:  I realize the map could be a ruse, even of my own making. 



General Vicinity Map - "Diego Rose Symbol"
 

Linking Contraption aka the The Borfin that goes schlump every night (Suess).

Circes speaks (M. Atwood, You are Happy, Circes/Mud Poems 1974)
You may wonder why I'm not describing the landscape for you. This island with its complement of scrubby trees, picturesque bedrock, ample weather and sunsets, lavish white sand beaches and so on. (For which I am not responsible.) There are travel brochures that do this better, and in addition they contain several very shiny illustrations so real you can almost touch the ennui of actually being here. They leave out the insects and the castaway bottles but so would I in their place; all advertisements are slanted, including this one.


Gatekeeper's Door Out of Order



No comments:

Post a Comment