Seanachai Quote

"Do you really think there are no larger answers to the small ones we can supply? Miguel, we know there are answers for everything. Unfortunately, we know very few of them." (Alexis Paninian to Mitchell Campion following a 4 minute teleportation from Paxton, Ohio to 3XNorth, 3YEast and 150Z off the Coast of Spain, circa 5/28 & 3 weeks, OSB airdate 4/7/1959).



Sunday, April 24, 2011

Fiction By Fictive Real-Time vs. Non-Fiction Real Life



The Diego's reverance for Destiny
A damp family portrait that needs repair
  Between writing the story, trying to find some missing script a friend sent me to record, and trying to find this clue or that I write these posts to let the readers know where I am at.  I posted Chapter 10 to the Devokan Trust Draft Bank.  I edited what I posted later, added some illustration and moved all of what I assembled to the blog where the traditional version of the story is published.  Whew!

The story is told about a 15 year period, but somehow it seems to hold together like a novel will.  Tomorrow I am going to begin telling the Matt R. Dutton story line.  The Diegos are a mysterious couple that are not always up to the noble effort, but Matt can be downright wicked.  I am going to love telling that part of the story.

It does at times get confusing.  Usually writers are telling a story about a fictional character or characters.  In this case I am a fictive with a real time story to use as fodder.  It makes my fictive story more interesting and authentic.  In no case am I ever telling my benefactor's real life story.  That is the morsel of information that is difficult for me to talk about or for my readers to understand.  I know of only a few other storytellers trying to write with this method, while using this sort of material  (its actually been done since the days of the fertile crescent).

No comments:

Post a Comment