Seanachai Quote

"Do you really think there are no larger answers to the small ones we can supply? Miguel, we know there are answers for everything. Unfortunately, we know very few of them." (Alexis Paninian to Mitchell Campion following a 4 minute teleportation from Paxton, Ohio to 3XNorth, 3YEast and 150Z off the Coast of Spain, circa 5/28 & 3 weeks, OSB airdate 4/7/1959).



Sunday, April 17, 2011

My writing for the Lakewater Project has brought back memories of my first trip into Myst during the spring of 1994.  I thought the world had been laid at my feet.  When I boarded the shuttle to find a tattered book, there was nothing else that mattered to me, except to take this adventure.  It became a 17 year long obession in looking at story from an entirely other perspective- that of the "sideways" participant and observer.

In other news I decided to draft and keep my story @ the Devokan Trust.  The folks over there are storytellers by words and builds.  They seem to understand the unique situation we face.  I like that we can read each story, and go back to writing our own.  It is a postive environment.

The edited story will be added to this blog as the story takes shape and firms up.  At this point I am adding in some journal notes I took about my one day trip to meet Mrs. Diego.  That was certainly an expected experience.  Because I spent a good chunk of time telling her about my early age adventures, and how I came to know her husband Harold, a Midtown Museum Foundation contributor, I could add a few chapters to my personal journal.  I didn't realize then my little diary would become part of much bigger story.

No comments:

Post a Comment