Seanachai Quote

"Do you really think there are no larger answers to the small ones we can supply? Miguel, we know there are answers for everything. Unfortunately, we know very few of them." (Alexis Paninian to Mitchell Campion following a 4 minute teleportation from Paxton, Ohio to 3XNorth, 3YEast and 150Z off the Coast of Spain, circa 5/28 & 3 weeks, OSB airdate 4/7/1959).



Sunday, March 10, 2013

Evidence File 831111

Evidence File 831111 by Ruby_ODegee
Evidence File 831111, a photo by Ruby_ODegee on Flickr.

Dear Beatrice:

I am sending this note by way of your post office box. It appears I have no other way of trying to reach you. None of your messages are returned to me. It has been months since last we spoke, and I realize that my priority for finding all of you has fallen to the bottom of my priority heap. There are so many distractions that come about during age writing. I find there is no terrain in many of the ages I start.

Then I either need to find a terrain or start digging it out myself. Even when I do find a terrain, it needs to be modified and sodded. Because mine are flood ages the water table takes time to raise. The raising of the table usually results in some sort of calamity.

By the time the terrain is completed I am exhausted or worse yet, I am forced to start a new age. My benefactor is always dreaming up this branch or that. My age writing schedule is growing longer. I am now responsible for writing in the setting for several stories that are only half baked in my after and forward mind.

Today was the worst. Matt Dutton (thought to be long since gone) showed up to harass me about Consortium exhibits I am attending to be done. At least that was his guise. I think the real reason he came unannounced was to remind me about how little writing I've done about him. He reminded me that without me writing him or any other character into the story, there is no story. Matt's story about the Down Under Tea Company and the closure of his offices in Absinthe and Laudanum did not get written. During the time I've been trying to fix the age where he is secretly building an underground village he can call his own, his animosity toward me grew worse. His return to IHC headquarters can only mean one thing. Matt is bored, and when Matt is bored, I am in trouble.

Our conversation did turn to you and the ladies at one point. He purposely redirected my thinking, which is so easy to do these days. I completely forgot to ask him whether he knew where all of you were. He did not offer up any information either.

I need you Beatrice to come home. If Clara, Dolly and Mabel are of no mind to return, let them enjoy another few days of captivity with the pirates or whoever else abducted them, but you must try to escape soon. I have no one to give me advice now that Ghaelen has taken a leave of absence.

With due respect (and a need for your safe return),

Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment