Seanachai Quote

"Do you really think there are no larger answers to the small ones we can supply? Miguel, we know there are answers for everything. Unfortunately, we know very few of them." (Alexis Paninian to Mitchell Campion following a 4 minute teleportation from Paxton, Ohio to 3XNorth, 3YEast and 150Z off the Coast of Spain, circa 5/28 & 3 weeks, OSB airdate 4/7/1959).



Thursday, August 28, 2014

Mrs. Pinkstaff Inspired Table Cloth

It may not be a big deal to buy a tablecloth --- to expect there will be an underneath to it.  But in the 3D virtual world it is common to see a piece of empty or transparent cloth.  The exterior shows up and when you turn it over there is nothing there.   To learn how to make cloths I listened and read the tutorials.  *None showed me exactly how to "sew" one.   And when I did figure out how to make the underside solid, the textures wouldn't line up.  Finally after a night's sleep,  and 6 hours of using Mrs. T. Pinkstaff's "1 variable" scientific method, I developed my own concoction.

My last move was make a tutorial for me (lest I forget - I do) and my friends.   Now we can make bedspreads, comforters, picnic blankets, curtains, (even clothes) all those things we never think about folding until laundry day.

Whine/Opine - At least 80% of  the Blender tutorials are created by men.  They notoriously leave out about 30 to 40 steps.  Where are those Betsy McCall patterns when you need them?

No comments:

Post a Comment