Seanachai Quote

"Do you really think there are no larger answers to the small ones we can supply? Miguel, we know there are answers for everything. Unfortunately, we know very few of them." (Alexis Paninian to Mitchell Campion following a 4 minute teleportation from Paxton, Ohio to 3XNorth, 3YEast and 150Z off the Coast of Spain, circa 5/28 & 3 weeks, OSB airdate 4/7/1959).



Saturday, August 9, 2014

"Wear Your Goggles to the Goldrush"

It was a tedious, but wonderfully long day of learning curves.  I attended the OSCC conference building meeting at noon, visited with Ghaelen for a long while about using mesh, and finally worked on the Oakes Valley Mystery story.   The mystery story needed a pair of virtual reality goggles. Sleuths will use them to find clues that are hidden around the valley.  What I figured would take a couple of hours ended up taking 6 hours.   My issues with polygon counts kept coming back to haunt me.  Not that I needed more.  No, I needed less.  The "tome" syndrome continues even in my building.  Oh dearie.   Finally I ended up with the goggles worn here by Simona Stick.
It is good that I can spend another learning tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that, because there is still many more Blender builds I haven't tried.
To Ghaelen:  More long phone calls incoming.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment