Seanachai Quote

"Do you really think there are no larger answers to the small ones we can supply? Miguel, we know there are answers for everything. Unfortunately, we know very few of them." (Alexis Paninian to Mitchell Campion following a 4 minute teleportation from Paxton, Ohio to 3XNorth, 3YEast and 150Z off the Coast of Spain, circa 5/28 & 3 weeks, OSB airdate 4/7/1959).



Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Oh the aggravations of making 3d animated horses...

Oh the aggravations of making 3d animated horses...

How many legs does a centipede have?



I originally meshed this horse some months ago, but neither had I the time or emotional countenance to tackle the issue of it walking about, carrying a rider or hauling a cart.  

Yesterday after building 3 bicycles to share with my fellow builders, I decided to tackle the horse ordeal today.   When I was through with the adventure the horse successfully walked - another possible gem in my Shadowgate belt. (I secretly hope with it will be the Lapis lazuli stone).

 Moreover I hope someone will enjoy plodding along with the cart horses in Oakes Valley and Brantley No. 3 Shaft.
12 invisible legs at "standstill"
Horse hauls cart though Oakes Valley
The problem is the legs in motion - the solution is to create 4 legs for each socket that are not all visible as the animal walks.  This accomplished by sequencing the legs, much like a 2d animator would, but sequencing requires writing a piece of code that syncs with another piece of code.  And there is the bounce, the roll, sounds that applicable to steps taken, and sitting the rider.   It is a lesson I want to master with other horse types.   - Tedious but oddly gratifying to see the magic at work.  A revisionist's wonderland.  I dutifully believe in revision.  Thank Goodness.



No comments:

Post a Comment