Seanachai Quote

"Do you really think there are no larger answers to the small ones we can supply? Miguel, we know there are answers for everything. Unfortunately, we know very few of them." (Alexis Paninian to Mitchell Campion following a 4 minute teleportation from Paxton, Ohio to 3XNorth, 3YEast and 150Z off the Coast of Spain, circa 5/28 & 3 weeks, OSB airdate 4/7/1959).



Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Goings On 2

Since my last report about how much baking has changed (not my mother's notion of baking), I've been working on a way to export my model out of Blender and into my Open Sim world directly.  There are a few clues out there in tutorial land, but every thread I researched failed to answer the question about how to use a baked cycles render; fully complete with color, shadings, and all the wondrous data that nodes could add, without using "out of Blender" image manipulation tools.

Then it dawned on me after a few days of leaving the irascible thing alone, that I was writing the wrong ending.

So I changed my thinking and took the easier route, and of course, the process worked fine.   Now I can texture my models in Blender Cycles and import it into Waymarker 88221 without leaving Blender.  Since my next endeavor is a bit more complicated than an box (22 piece interstellar space station), it will be nice to know that 2.73a was worth downloading.

A timely discovery too.  Today we will be going over the process during my Waymarker Tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment