Seanachai Quote

"Do you really think there are no larger answers to the small ones we can supply? Miguel, we know there are answers for everything. Unfortunately, we know very few of them." (Alexis Paninian to Mitchell Campion following a 4 minute teleportation from Paxton, Ohio to 3XNorth, 3YEast and 150Z off the Coast of Spain, circa 5/28 & 3 weeks, OSB airdate 4/7/1959).



Monday, May 4, 2015

A Plan Coming Together - Immersive Book Expands

As of yesterday my "arable" regions increased to 39.  This means I can continue working on my plan to build a walk in "book" that includes:
  • 16 region Fiction Storybuild (Brantley No. 3 Shaft)
  •   9 region Standards Based Poetry Lesson (The Garden Poems)
  •   4 region Non-Fiction Build (Eridu Sumerian city) - with a colleague
  •   1 region Profile/Venue Build (Paintbox Farms Studio)
  •   two 4 var region Devokan Trust Storybuilds 
I realize this sounds like an awfully big task, and it is that, but one issue I am working on is resources -  how to best optimize the build, so my builds are not plagued with lag.  So far, so good in large part due to the fact I am trying to keep the triangle/prim count low, while the scripts are distributed over a wide area.   Since Brantley is 80% complete, I can concentrate on my 9 region standards based lesson.  This summer I plan to work with a colleague to build Eridu and continue to develop storybuilds on what regions remain.

During the month of May I will not be tutoring basic blender, but I do plan to tutor  special project (intermediary) lessons each week.  This will provide an opportunity for participants to complete a model over a two day period.  I expect to publish the schedule at the end of this first week of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment