Seanachai Quote

"Do you really think there are no larger answers to the small ones we can supply? Miguel, we know there are answers for everything. Unfortunately, we know very few of them." (Alexis Paninian to Mitchell Campion following a 4 minute teleportation from Paxton, Ohio to 3XNorth, 3YEast and 150Z off the Coast of Spain, circa 5/28 & 3 weeks, OSB airdate 4/7/1959).



Monday, September 21, 2015

Immersive Edge, a Hypergrid Story Launches November 8 & 9, 2015

Its been awhile since I've written to the Storybuilder.  All of my time this summer was spent creating tutorials, teaching tutorials or working on educational projects.  Today I finally got a chance to relive an old love of machinima making.  I don't think I've had such a good time working on a collaborative story since 50 of us Uru cavern explorers wrote, filmed, produced and acted out A Cavern Christmas Carol.  With a limited understanding of how to build a set 10 years ago, we worked courtesy of the nice folks at Cyan Worlds, who allowed us to produce a good-natured parody of their wonderful story/environmental build. 

This time from start to finish it is the work of 25 or so persons, who continue to work until the premiere date of November 8th on a hypergrid wide storybuild, the Immersive Edge. A very nice trailer for the entire project was produced and filmed by Nina Camplin.  It is a wonderful piece of machinima.  Her camera and editing work is always so professionally done.

Since I know less about the romance genre than most of the writers involved with the project, I decided to film something that fit my style better.  A video I could have fun doing and that I always wanted to try.  It only illustrates the scene I am working on.  Although I've been visiting the other builds and have access to their desk blotters, I won't know for sure what the story tells me until I read the narratives being done by Shannan Albright and Nara Malone.  I am looking forward to that, and our premiere/presentation day, November 8, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment